Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Literature Review is Rocett Science

You know what is rockett science?

No. I'll tell you what it is for me.

It's writing a literature review!!!

I am looking at the 25-30 resources I've read in the last few days to be able to write an analysis of literature that relates to all of the things I've studied over the past 2+ years, and what will shape my remaining work (writing a thesis) and I AM FROZEN by THIS PAPER. It's as if Einstein just walked in with a newly formulated theory of relativity and handed me his work to see what I thought. First of all. How would I know what to say to Einstein? and Second of all. I'm a social scientist, and I would be the last person in the world to understand what to do with a physics theory. So you see my problem....

1 comment:

Mike said...

I think there are times when you have to step away from something and let it soak in and then react to it rather than review it. Take some time and write reactions to the literary things. We're creatures of reaction, second to reaction is review.

But yes, I do see your problem.