Wednesday, April 06, 2005

needing your words

hey friends.

sorry i have not posted anything lately, but my life has been brutally boring for about two weeks now. why am i hear exactly? i miss activity and i miss home. i am not homesick right now, but i am thirsting for opportunity where the landscape seems dry. i know this is partly because spring break came so early and most of the people i had opportunities with were going home for two weeks. however, it still feel like such a struggle. i struggle to get up in the morning. sometimes i miss the morning altogether. it is partly a product of going to bed at 3am each night (it seems i prefer american time zones to the europeans), but truthfully i would do that most nights anyway. i read more than i have ever read before. i think i have finished 6 books so far, and by the end of the week it will be eight. i learn and like to learn from reading, but when that is all i seem to do that is fruitful, i feel unuseful.

i guess what i am saying is that i would like to hear from you (kind of like pleading for complements but with words of encouragement). yet, don't let it go to my head. my ego rests somewhere between my eyes and my mind. i love you all.

1 comment:

Laura said...

Hello my darling brother. Happy Birthday Sunday. I fear that I will not be able to call you unless it is a little later in the day, so I want to wish you the best of birthdays. Please don't waste a second of your time there. Explore the city and surrounding areas as much as you can. I get to go to Atlanta this weekend for an Ad conference and we are catching Mute Math there also!! Check out the band that Sean W. used to play for: World Leader Pretend @ WLPband.com. Good stuff. You've read 6 books? I haven't read one. And my life looks equally as dull most days with the exception of this weekend. ALL I do is work and school and sleep. But at the same time I do not want to waste any of the time that I am given, although I do. I love you. Have a great week. -soon.